The last 7 days have been a traumatic and mourning one for many Nigerians due to the collapsed of one of the trio high rise of luxurious apartments, FourScore Towers at 44B, C & D Gerald Road, Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria which claimed 42 lives including that of the property developer, Femi Osibona.
But here are 10 quick things to know about the ambitious luxury project:
- Fourscore Towers is a three-tower estate (360° Degree Towers).
- The collapsed uncompleted building is reported to be a 21 Storey edifice.
- According to Highbrow Living Magazine, the property, consisting of four-bedroom maisonettes, flats, duplex and penthouses.
- “The strictly residential facility is the brain works of Fourscore Homes, evolving from a desire to build an original masterpiece. The concept is to have service flats in the three towers for residents to experience a stress-free lifestyle, complete with a hotel flair with a 360-degree view of Lagos state,” the magazine reads.
- Other planned features of the “luxury in the sky” building include open recreation area with outdoor television, gym, and swimming pool. Residents have scenic views of the Lagos lagoon, the Atlantic Ocean, neighbouring estates such as Banana Island and Parkview, Osborne Road and the Third Mainland Bridge, as well as the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, among other interesting sights in Lagos.
- The structure was said to be 80 percent completed and was billed to be concluded in 2022.
- The price range for the apartment is said to be between $1.2 million and $5 million.
- The property was already 65 percent sold out mostly to Nigerians in the diaspora.
- The property is situated at one of the most expensive real estate areas in Africa, Ikoyi, Lagos.
- The 21 storey uncompleted luxurious edifice came down like pack of cards on Monday November 1st, 2021 and claimed 42 lives with 15 survival as at the time of going to the press.
In an interview with THISDAY, Osibona said the project was supposed to be the first of its kind in Nigeria.
“This development will give peace of mind and comfort to the residents, because everything works,” he said.
“We have exhibited our expertise in property development in the United Kingdom, South Africa, the United States of America and Nigeria. Fourscore Homes possesses uncommon capabilities in redefining property development in any market we choose to play in.
“I was one of the people whose real estate developments led to the growth of East London. I bought a house on New Cross Road and renovated it. I also bought a piece of land behind it and built two flats there, and that is what I will call my first real estate project. That was how I started building houses for sale.”
Credits: This Day, Daily Trust, Highbrow Living