Twitter’s owner, Elon Musk, has announced Linda Yaccarino as the new Chief Executive Officer of the platform.
The 59-year-old American media guru of Italian descent was announced on Friday.
These are some interesting things to know about the new Twitter CEO.
- Linda Yaccarino was born in 1963 in New York, United States, to immigrant parents of Italian descent.
- Her parents are Bob Yaccarino and Isabella Bartolone Yaccarino. She has two sisters, Lori Yaccarino Armstrong and Kate Yaccarino.
- She was educated at Deer Park High School and Penn State University.
- She is married to a fellow American of Italian descent, Claude Peter Madrazo, and the union is blessed with two children, a daughter, Christian Madrazo, and a son, Matthew Madrazo.
- Linda Yaccarino starred in the Italian version of the reality show Big Brother from 2011 to 2012.
- She worked as executive vice president and COO of advertising sales, marketing, and acquisitions at Turner Broadcasting between 1992 and 2011.
- She served as Chairman, Global Advertising & Partnerships at NBC Universal Media, LLC, from 2011 to 2023. She also did her internship at NBC during her college years.
- She announced her resignation from NBC Universal Media, LLC, hours before her announcement as the new Twitter CEO.
- She is the first female Twitter CEO.
- Linda Yaccarino is reportedly worth $30 million.