Youth Corps member dies from electric shock in Taraba
Segun Olumide, a 2016 Batch ‘B’ stream 1 National Youth Service Corp member serving in Taraba State has died following an electric shock he suffered on Friday.
He was said to have died while being rushed to the hospital by his colleagues after he suffered serious burns from electric shock while charging his laptop.
The Ogun State indigene was said to have studied Electrical Engineering at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Osun State.
Olumide, who was serving at the Government Day Secondary School, Wuro Sembe, Jalingo, was reportedly charging his laptop on his laps when he slept off.
It was gathered that the computer exploded, sending electric currents into his body and he died before medical personnel could attend to him.
The National Youth Service Corps Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Bose Aderibigbe, confirmed the death of the corps member, saying his parents who lived in Ibadan had been informed.
She said, “Segun died on his way to the hospital. We were informed that he was charging his laptop on his laps, but the system exploded. His shout alerted his colleagues who rushed him to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo but he died on the way.