TETFund National Research Fund 2016 – Call for Proposals / Application
The Tertiary Education Trust Fund, TETFUND is calling for proposals and application from lecturers who are interested in accessing the National Research Fund for the year 2016.
The National Research Fund was established pursuant to the Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act 2011 for the resuscitation of research activities in Nigeria’s Public Tertiary Institutions, which section 20 of the Act defines as Public “Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.” It is also aimed at addressing the critical needs of the Nations developmental aspirations through targeted research.
- Lecturers in any of our Public Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria are eligible.
- Multi-Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary researches, comprising Researchers from various disciplines, are most highly encouraged.
- The Lead Researcher will head the research team and will be referred to as the Principal Researcher / Investigator (PI).
- The PI will be personally responsible and held accountable for the conduct of the research.
- An added requirement is that the PI must be institution-based, with the PI’s institution regarded as the Co-ordinating Institution.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
The categories and specialized subject areas for funding are as follows:
CATEGORY / THEMATIC AREA
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Agriculture, Food Security
- Health and Social Welfare
- Energy and Power
- ICT & Telecommunications
- Space Science
B. Humanities and Social Science
- National Integration, National Security
- Education and Training
- Economic Development
- Social Welfare
- Population Studies
C. Cross Cutting Themes
- Environment, Housing & Urban Development
- Entrepreneurship & Wealth Creation
- Resource Governance
- Science and Technology Management
NB: The Research Brief, containing details of the research areas,is to be found in the TETFund Website – www.tetfund.gov.ng
NOMINATION / APPLICATION PROCEDURE
(i) All applications are to be made strictly on the prescribed TETFund Research Grant Application Form. The application form can be downloaded from the TETFund Website- www.tetfund.gov.ng
(ii) The total budget for each research proposal shall not be above N50 million.
(iii) Any proposal that does not follow the formats presented in the Application Form shall not be considered.
(iv) Only one application may be submitted according to the prescribed format.
(v) 3 hard copies of the duly completed forms shall be submitted by the Researchers through the Head of the Institution who shall forward them, with a covering letter dully signed by him/her, to the address below:
The Executive Secretary
Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)
6 Zambezi Crescent
Off Aguiyi Ironsi Crescent
Application Forms not duly endorsed by the Head of the Co-ordinating Institution shall be rejected.
SELECTION / CONSIDERATIONS
i. All submitted proposals will be subjected to appraisal by the National Research Fund Screening and Monitoring Committee (NRFS&MC) who shall make appropriate recommendations to the Board of Trustees of the Fund for consideration and approval.
ii. The PIand at least a member of the Research Teamof an adjudged fundable proposal shall be invited to defend their proposals before the NRFS&MC before a letter of award is issued by the TETFund, if the proposal is finally recommended for funding.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
The deadline for submission of proposals shall be on or before Friday 26th February 2016.