NUC Listed Process for Establishing a Private University in Nigeria
The Executive Secretary of Nigerian Universities Commission Prof. Julius A. Okojie has signed a document which contained the process for establishing a private university in Nigeria.
The process includes the following:
- Application in writing stating the intent for the establishment of the university.
- Interview of prospective proprietors.
- Collection of application forms.
- Submission of application forms and relevant documents.
- Intensive review/analysis of documents by experts in relevant NUC departments.
- Revision of documents by proprietors, based on report of SCOPU.
- Interactive meeting of SCOPU with the proposed university.
- First site assessment visit.
- Finalisation of document.
- Second (final) site assessment visit.
- Security screening of proprietors and Board of Trustees.
- Approval by NUC Management.
- Approval by NUC Board.
- Approval by FEC.