NNPC/Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2015
As part of support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), operator of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture awards annual scholarships to qualified undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
Applications for the 2015 NNPC/MPN Undergraduate National Scholarship is now open.
The awards are made to suitably qualified students from every state of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). However, about 62 per cent of the total NNPC/MPN Undergraduate scholarship awards are allocated to students who are indigenes of the operational communities/ States – Akwa Ibom (50%) and Rivers States (12%).
There is also a merit award (10%) to the best 50 candidates in the selection tests. The remaining places go to students from other states including the Federal Capital territory (FCT), based on merit and fair geographical spread.
E-applications are invited from full-time undergraduates in their FIRST YEAR (100 LEVEL) or SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) of study, admitted during the 2014/2015 or 2013/2014 academic session only, in any of the under-listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBS Only)
- Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Computer Science
a. Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its Equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting
b. Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University
c. Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply
d. Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited are not eligible for this scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents;
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Current University ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’ Level result
- JAMB Result
- SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of State of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary.
Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload. Ensure also that you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Visit http://scholastica.ng/schemes/mpn and click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information at http://scholastica.ng/schemes/nnpcmpn or return to the home page www.scholastica.ng and select the 2015 NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Awards to be redirected to the application page 12. You will receive an email that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your referee to sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centers https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Return to www.scholastica.ng/ and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board. Please note also that we will accept applications through the above stated website address only. Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed.
Application closes midnight 1st December, 2015.
In line with the e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.