University of Nigeria Management Announces special accommodation
The management of University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus (UNEC) has announced to all students that the accommodation process is still ongoing as they are currently recovering rooms that will be opened up soonest.
On this note, the male rooms have been sorted out and will be opened on Friday October 28th, 2016 by 10am. All male students in UNEC should please take note.
The female students will soon have their rooms opened as we are making frantic efforts to ensure that all hostel accommodation issues are resolved as soon as possible.
Please check the UNN website regularly for any future opening as mop-up will be done in the various hostels to recover rooms that are not claimed within a specified period.
To Apply: The process flow is highlighted below;
- Log in to the UNN Portal- www.unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Enter your username and password (Your username is your Registration Number for old students and JAMB registration number for new students).
- Click on Hostel Allocation.
- Click on Apply for Bed space
- Click on Apply.
- Print the Invoice carrying your RRR number and proceed to the bank or make payment using your ATM card.
- Return to the portal and Click on Hostel Allocation.
- Click on pay for your hostel and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference number.
- Submit and print Receipt.
Accommodation Information For Prospective & Returning Students:
This is to inform all prospective and old students of UNN that they are to take note of the following important information with regards to student accommodation for the 2016/17 session:
- The University has limited spaces for student accommodation.
- The accommodation is allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- First Year and final year students are given high priority during allocation.
- First years are allocated 40% of the total accommodation, final years 25% while other years are allocated 35%.
- All Nursing Mothers must apply for accommodation online and must notify the authorities early. You are permitted to stay alone in a room or be two persons in a room.
- The following are highly prohibited and will attract eviction from the hostel:
• Squatting of any kind.
• Late return to the hostel at night.
• Drinking of Alcohol.
• Fighting and quarreling.
• Use of hotplates, electric boiling ring, refrigerator, gas cooker and so on.
• Use of generator sets.
• Defecating and bathing at undesignated places.
• Pouring of water in undesignated places.
• Defacing of Hostel walls by posting of bills, posters and any document.
- Only students who have successfully met the following will be qualified for hostel accommodation:
• Paid all school fees till date.
• Registered all courses online till date.
• Possess the University ID card or have been successfully captured.
• Possess and use the University student email address.
- All hostel accommodation invoices are valid for only three days after generation. Any student who fails to pay within the three day period will be doing so at his/her own risk.
- All Rev Sisters and intending corps members must follow the authorised process for accommodation henceforth.
- Physically challenged students must also generate invoice and proceed to make payments promptly.
All students should be informed and prepare themselves adequately for the new session.