Nigerian Women Association of Georgia NWAG Scholarship Form 2017 is Out
Nwag scholarship form for the year 2017 is out. The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in naira equivalent amount of $200.00 each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
Nwag Scholarship Form Application Requirements:
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/ Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/ School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card.
- A current photograph of yourself.
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“Women are maginalized in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a women rights activist and propose how you can advocate for women right in government positions, challenge early/ child marriage and gender discrimination.”
Method of Application:
Interested prospective applicants are advised to click here<< to download an application form. Completed application can be submitted with all required documents by pdf or word version to NWAG either by electronically via email at email@example.com or by regular mail to
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324.
SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL: NAME OF APPLICANT & STATE OF ORIGIN, AND ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
All applications must be POST-MARKED by May 31st, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.