AAU students cook with firewood inside hostel
Due to power outbreak and perpetual darkness in their hostel, some students of Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma has resorted to cooking with firewood.
The power outbreak which has lasted for close to one week has forced the students to abandon their hotplates and embraced the olden days cooking style.
The students according to the witness who posted the pictures on social media could not use kerosene to cook due to the huge cost. ”Students are not allowed to cook with gas in their hostels, hence, the option of cooking with firewood,” the eyewitness revealed.
In a bid to survive, the students embraced their roots and olden days style of cooking, using firewood.